During the summer and fall of 2007, a number of serious incidents were reported to the authorities regarding assaults targeting Asian Canadian anglers in southern and central Ontario:
- April 27th, Georgina: A man and his 13 year old son were angling on Malone Avenue when they were approached by two men, who pushed the son into the water. A 72-year old man was also pushed, and his fishing gear damaged.
- July 22nd, Georgina: A group of anglers was approached by another group, which pushed one of the anglers into the water.
- August 5th, Georgina: A group of anglers on the Mossington Bridge was approached by a man who pushed an angler into the water.
- August 6th, Georgina: A group of people who were angling on the Mossington Bridge was approached by a man who pushed an angler into the water.
- August 18th, Georgina: A man who was angling on the Mossington Bridge was approached by two people and pushed from behind into the water.
- August 28th, Gannon’s Narrow’s Bridge: An angler was pushed into the water.
- September 15th, Westport: Three anglers were assaulted by five men on a bridge on County Road 36, and received minor injuries.
- September 16th, Georgina: Anglers on the Mossington Bridge were approached by a group of men who pushed two of the anglers into the water. In the events that ensued, one of the anglers was very seriously injured.
- September 29th, Westport: Three anglers were threatened by four males.
- September 30th, Coboconk: An angler was assaulted.
- October 25th, Hastings: Racial slurs targeting Asian Canadians were found painted under a Trent Severn Waterway bridge.
Charges were laid in a number of these incidents.