The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the AODA) requires every employer and employee in Ontario to take training on the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code in the next couple of years.
To assist them, in early 2013 we partnered with the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario to create a video program. Working together: the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act takes an animated look at the law. It includes sections on:
- the Code
- understanding the duty to accommodate
- applying human rights principles
- compliance and enforcement
Features of the 20-minute program include:
- a video available in Flash and HTML
- print, transcript, audio-only and ASL/SLQ versions
- a quiz to test your learning
The program is for all Ontario Public Service employees, and is just a click away for anyone who wants this training. Working together is available on the OHRC website at www.ohrc.on.ca/en/learning/working-together-ontario-human-rights-code-and-accessibility-ontarians-disabilities-act.